Customizable Speaking Topics from J Loren Norris
Loren is an carnivorous researcher with an insatiable desire to learn and grow. He possesses a knack for delivering some of the most complex ideas around neuroscience, leadership and the psychology of communication in the most down to earth and easy to understand language. Loren is passionate about leadership, vision and communication skills. As a speaker and trainer Loren will entertain, engage and activate your audience to new heights. As a coach he will challenge you or your team to reconsider what you already know and to apply that knowledge in areas you may have never considered. As an author, Loren’s writing is down to earth yet not simply. His activations are demanding, yet not impossible. His revelations are transformative, yet easily applicable.
“Everybody’s Got An Attitude”
- How to recognize negative attitudes in your organization before they get out of control.
- How to influence positive attitudes and maximize their impact.
- Attitude is contagious.
- Attitude is a choice.
- Communication is attitude is communication.
- What is attitude?
- How do we influence or lead attitude?
Over the past 20 years of studying leadership and communication skills, Loren has developed a keen sense of attitudes and how they are displayed, the impact they have on organizational culture and the signs to look out for to lead these attitudes. Learn key elements of positive and negative attitudes that every leader must be able to identify and lead to be successful.
Accompanying Breakout Options
- Five Steps to Lead Difficult Attitudes (4 hour workshop)
- Becoming a Person of Influence (licensed material from Dr. John C Maxwell)
- How To Be a R. E. A. L. Success (licensed material from Dr. John C Maxwell)
“Learn to R. O. A. R.”
- Every leader needs to learn to speak with relevance, ownership, authority and responsibility if they really want wield great influence.
- People every day stand up and ask for help only to walk away with empty hands because they cannot connect with the people to whom they wish to appeal. More sales have been lost, more visions not embraced and more causes not joined due to poor communication than by any other means.
- Good communication is an essential key to sales. Effective communication is also an essential key to management, leadership and success in general and it is a skill to be learned, practiced and mastered.
- After speaking as a sales and marketing professional for more than 20 years, then watching sales reps of all calibers try to present the same ideas, Loren realized he could help others to be more effective communicators. As a semifinalist out of 35,000 competitors in the International Speech Contest, Loren studied at length some of the world’s greatest stage presenters like Zig Ziglar, Craig Valentine, Les Brown, John Maxwell, and Brendon Burchard to name a few. Loren has coached hundreds in the Dale Carnegie Course and has mastered presentation techniques, speech writing skills and communication methods used by the very best. Loren is equipped to teach these techniques to speakers who are just starting out or executives who need to polish a critical presentation before the big day.
“Communication Inspired Leadership ~ Transform your story. Transform your life.”
- This four hour workshop is designed to give every attendee an opportunity to get to the front of the room and present “their story” and then hear Loren retell their story using some very specific techniques. The remaining time is spent learning to employ these techniques for any story, any environment and any call to action.
- **While this process can be taught to larger crowds, if you wish afford everyone a chance to tell their story, this needs to be a VIP session only or limited to registration of 20 attendees.
“Toe To Toe With Death”
- Dire circumstance require an insuperable attitude.
- Perception and perspective can make all the difference in the world.
- Where attitudes come from.
- How to deal with dire circumstances.
- How to break the “under the circumstances cycle.”
- Life never works out exactly as we plan. Whether you are on the crash site, waiting a red light, or sitting behind your desk anything can happen! Disaster and tragedies never strike when we are prepared. We often cannot predict or prevent a car accident, a thunderstorm, financial storm or the storm of an unprecedented product recall. The only thing we have complete control over in such a situation is our attitude. So where does attitude come from? How do we get one? Can we change the one we have and generate a new one? They keynote address, while highly entertaining, will bring to light clear demonstrations of the power of attitude over circumstances. Breakout sessions are highly beneficial for most groups where attitude development is an issue of high importance and need.
- Attitude Coaching 101 – The four key positive attitudes to live a more excellent life: Excellence. Appreciation. Expectation. Insuperable. (1-4 hours based on need)
- Excellent Life Leadership Workshop – The nine lessons of mastery to live a more excellent life. From dealing with past hurts and mistakes to influencing the decisions of others through gratitude and communication. (1 full day)
“We All Need an Insuperable Vision”
- A clear, passionate, compelling, purposeful image of the future you were created to live!
- Tools and systems for creating,updating and realizing your vision, goals, milestones and tasks to accomplish them.
- Six qualities of an insuperable vision:
- Vivid – A clear, specific, definable picture of the future you are passionate to live out.
- Inspiration – Birthed from gifts and strengths within; created by something greater than self interest.
- Significantly – Leaving a large and unforgettable impression on those who observe your life.
- Influencing – “Leadership is influence; nothing more and nothing less. People do what people see.”
- Others’ – An insuperable vision is not about one’s own greatness but others’ potential illuminated.
- Nobility – Trustworthy, honest and compassionate character worthy of modeling.
Do I really need a vision for my life? Only if you want a life of clarity, passion, and purpose. With a clear vision you will rally all of your greatest time, talent, treasure and attention and focus it on leaving a mark that will not be soon forgotten. So what mark will you leave? What is your Cisteen Chapel? Your Harry Potter series? Your iPhone? What will people say about you to generations that follow? Will they even know you were here? When your life has vision, it has the ability to leave an indelible mark in time. What will be your mark?
The Insuperable Vision Workshop
- Six Essential Qualities of an Insuperable Vision (part one – same as key note) – 1 hour
- Six Building Blocks of an Insuperable Vision (part two – intense interactive session) 90 minutes – includes workbooks and forms for ongoing use.
Tell It Like It Is, Inc. – J Loren Norris ~ Excellent Life Leadership Coach
Check Availability: Use this link to determine if Loren is available to speak at your next event.
Quote Request Use this link to get specific pricing on services offered. We will follow up on all quote requests so please provide as much detailed information as possible. You will not be added to a mailing list from this form.
Download pdf file: J Loren Norris Speaker’s Profile