What can you expect from Excellent Life Leadership for the first blog of 2016?
Jan 6th – Thoughts… on Business: “Branding by St James”
Here are a few of the ideas floating around in my head..
- Many churches today are in the business of “selling life insurance” rather than marketing “life assuredly”.
- We need to be about the Father’s business of tending to souls and their quality of life, maturity of spirit, knowledge of the Holy One and fellowship with Jesus.
- “Souls are the commodity of the business of Heaven” JLN
- Branding is “What you are known for” jln
- “Business is about the exchange of values between two or more parties… There are more parables concerning the stewardship of material goods and personal talents in the New Testament than concern Heaven or any other topic. God is not only materially oriented; He invented all matter and owns it all to boot.” ~ Dennis Peacocke “Doing Business Gods Way”
– Fire the wrong customers and woo the right ones.
James 2:1-4 My dear friends, don’t let public opinion influence how you live out our glorious, Christ-originated faith. If a man enters your church wearing an expensive suit, and a street person wearing rags comes in right after him, and you say to the man in the suit, “Sit here, sir; this is the best seat in the house!” and either ignore the street person or say, “Better sit here in the back row,” haven’t you segregated God’s children and proved that you are judges who can’t be trusted?
– What to say, and not to sayJames 2:12-13 Talk and act like a person expecting to be judged by the Rule that sets us free. For if you refuse to act kindly, you can hardly expect to be treated kindly. Kind mercy wins over harsh judgment every time.