Leadership Gold by Dr. John C. Maxwell
- Hosted by Our Country Homes located at 700 West Harwood Rd Suite G, Hurst Texas 76054
- Study group begins Tuesday July 1st at 6:30 am.
- This group will meet weekly.
- Cost to attend is $5 per week.
- All are welcome, but seating is limited.
- Reserve your your seat by registering for all 26 weeks in advance here.
- This group will be lead by J Loren Norris ~ Independent Certified Speaker Trainer and Coach with the John Maxwell Team.
LEADERSHIP GOLD By Dr. John C. Maxwell
“We venerate great leaders, and we have the tendency to assume their accomplishments came about regardless of the assistance they received from others. The truth, however, is that no leader would be great without the support and help of teammates. As a leader, you will never get ahead until your people are behind you.” Dr. John C Maxwell
Lessons I’ve Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
Leadership Gold is Maxwell’s most personal work yet.
After nearly forty years of leading, Maxwell has mined the gold so you don’t have to. Each gold nugget is one of twenty-six chapters designed to be a six-month mentorship program. Each chapter contains detailed application exercises and a “Mentoring Moment” for leaders who desire to mentor others using the book. Gaining leadership insight is a lot like mining for gold. You don’t set out to look for dirt. You look for the nuggets. You’ll find them here.
Over the next 26 weeks this study group will discuss and apply the following principles fromLeadership Gold:
- If It’s Lonely at the Top, You’re Not Doing Something Right
- The Toughest Person to Lead is Always Yourself
- Defining Moments Define Your Leadership
- When You Get Kicked in the Rear, You Know You’re Out in Front
- Never Work a Day in Your Life
- The Best Leaders Are Listeners
- Get in the Zone and Stay There
- A Leader’s First Responsibility Is to Define Reality
- To See How the Leader Is Doing, Look at the People
- Don’t Send Your Ducks to Eagle School
- Keep Your Mind on the Main Thing
- Your Biggest Mistake Is Not Asking What Mistake You’re Making
- Don’t Manage Your Time – Manage Your Life
- Keep Learning to Keep Leading
- Leaders Distinguish Themselves During Tough Times
- People Quit People, Not Companies
- Experience Is Not the Best Teacher
- The Secret to a Good Meeting Is the Meeting Before the Meeting
- Be a Connector, Not Just a Climber
- The Choices You Make, Make You
- Influence Should Be Loaned but Never Given
- For Everything You Gain, You Give Up Something
- Those Who Start the Journey with you Seldom Finish With You
- Few Leaders Are Successful Unless a Lot of People Want Them to Be
- You Only Get Answers to the Questions You Ask
- People Will Summarize Your Life in One Sentence – Pick It Now